Hilton Garden In is pleased to announce a vacancy for the position Accounting supervisor (Accounts payable/Cost Controller)
Accounting supervisor (Accounts payable/Cost Controller) provide accounting expertise & support to the Hotel Leadership, ensuring a high standard of accuracy and 100% compliance with locally relevant accounting standards, tax and other legal regulations.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Assist other Finance Support Service Team in delivering effective financial administration processes and be valuable contributors to the overall performance of the team;
- Help ensure that the hotel day/month/full year closings are done timely, fully following company and focused service division standards/guidelines and rules;
- Maintain accurate stocks, accounts payable, prepayments and creditor/accruals accounting records;
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports, recording entries;
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
- Comply with company timetables and policies;
- Lead the month end process, as it relates to stocks, creditors, prepayments and accruals, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled;
- Authorise month end stock, prepayment and accruals journals, as prepared by the Accounts Payable Assistant;
- Monitor and control the Accounts Payable process;
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices;
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to stocks, prepayments, creditors and accruals are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels;
- Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all hotel controlled stocks, prepayments, creditor and accruals accounts and that all balances are explained even if reconciled elsewhere;
- Maintain fixed cost register and ensure that it fully and accurately reflects all active contracts;
- Meet all payment deadlines;
What are we looking for?
- 3 years’ work experience as an accountant in the hospitality industry;
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office;
- Certificate of ACCA will be preferable;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Communication skills;
We are searching for passionate, motivated and friendly team members who are willing to get international experience and develop themselves in Hospitality industry.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
How to apply?
Interested Candidates please click on the button "Send CV"