Hotel Monograph is pleased to announce an opening for the position of TRAINING OFFICER who will be responsible for full spectrum of Training and Development and Industrial Relations. Identify and coordinate all training for employees, recommend training courses and sourcing of suitable external trainers. Advise and assist management in implementing training development initiatives and performance-based appraisal system.
Employment form: Full-time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies which address needs, presenting in the form of a Training Business Plan for the General Manager and Executive Committee for review
- Familiarize yourself with the Hospitality Management HR and Training Standards,
- Ensure effective training programs are in place for the following:New Employee Orientation,,Train the Trainer,Customer Service Training,Technical job specific training (through certification of departmental standards and procedures),Supervisory Skills Training ,Management Development, Fire, Life and Safety Training,Selling Skills ,Employee retraining
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department to ensure that the training objectives are being achieved
- Maintains all hotel training records
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio-visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for staff personal development
- Design, produce and implement training programs which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured, and that training is effective
- Attend departmental training session and critique performance
- Use HIGHEST benchmarks to monitor success of training programs and amend your efforts accordingly. E.g.: KPI’s, Guest Satisfaction record, achievement of budget, etc.
- Prepare and monitor training programs for:Management Trainees,Work Experience,Hotel School Trainees, etc.
- Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programs for advanced or specialist training
- Ensure that Department Heads abide by their responsibilities of employee training against departmental S&Ps
- Produce monthly training reports for your Manager and the General Manager including: Internal Training Programs conducted: Who attended, Number of people attended, Duration of training, Who trained, Cost of delivery (including labor costs), Anticipated return on investment and/or training goal ; External training programs attended: Who attended, Number of people attended, Duration of training , Who trained, Cost of delivery (including labor costs), Anticipated return on investment and/or training goal
- Liaise with other Training Managers to share experiences and resources
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses
- Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials
- Delivers briefings of all internal programs to executive management and department heads
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions to Line Managers in line with company guidelines
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
- Casual Trainees/Industrial Release Students: To maintain close contact with local colleges, hotel schools and universities, To promote the Hotel’s image through creative College Relations Program. To compile Trainee Programs as necessary. To arrange the recruitment/selection of trainees under the Trainee Scheme. To administer/coordinate both the “On and Off job” components of Trainee Scheme. To identify candidates both internally and externally for the Management Training Programs.
- General Administration: To maintain an effective filing system for proper maintenance of all training documentation. To perform other duties assigned by the Management from time to time
Education and Experience
- Possess at least a Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent
- At least 3 years of related working experience.
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Excellent communications skill for both English and Georgian, written and verbal.
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-starter, results oriented and team player
- Independent and self-motivated with good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and able to train as such in the team
- Resourceful and reliable in meeting objectives and expectations
Please send your resume with picture to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position title in subject line, otherwise your application will not be considered