Founded in 2007, English Book Education combines book distribution, educational management, international examinations (TOEFL) and teacher training all in one place. Our education and personal development package combines the resources and expertise from world leading publishers (Macmillan Education, Pearson Education, National Geographic Learning, Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) with a full understanding of the needs of the Georgian education system. We aim to provide Education Institutions with a complete range of educational resources and solutions to meet their specific needs both now and with regard to any future developments within the field.
Job Description | Editor
Responsible to: Executive Vice President, Operations and Business Development
Editor responsibilities include working closely with different subject authors/departments to prepare comprehensive action seminars and workshops. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like scheduling along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation.
- Reading skills: Book/subject editors love to read books.
- Writing skills: Editors ensure that all written content has correct grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Editors must write clearly and logically.
- Interpersonal skills: A key skill is to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with authors and staff. This is important for tactfully guiding the author through the development of their title, as well as working with other staff to produce the book on time.
- Sound judgement: Editors must also determine if the manuscript is ethical and free from plagiarism.
- Detail oriented: Editors may be working on more than one publishing project at a time and need to plan their work to ensure that all books meet their scheduled deadlines. This includes staying in touch with authors and working with staff to ensure each manuscript moves through the publishing process.
Office Location: Tbilisi, Georgia. Vepkhistkaosnis 92, Didi Dighomi.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire manuscripts for review
- Read, edit, and write content so that it is correct and understandable to the reader
- Verify facts cited in material for publication
- Work with the author to develop content in keeping with the publication's style and editorial policy
- Maintain good working relationships with authors and other key staff such as production, editorial assistants, proof-readers, graphics artists, and marketing personnel
- Keep track of scheduled dates to ensure subject book publishes on time
- Review and mark up page proofs and online content
- Attend weekly meetings to review book schedules and discuss any issues
- Work with marketing to promote the book by submitting content for both print and online announcements
- To undertake personal development where appropriate.
- To choose courses internally (financed by the company)
- To ensure familiarity with different departments
- To link with external/internal training agencies and trainers as appropriate.
- Minimum experience in the related field, 2 years
- To fully support aims and objectives of English Book Education
- To attend meetings as appropriate. Arrive early on every meeting.
- To undertake any other duties set by EVP, Operations and Business Development
- Positive and friendly outlook
- Able to work under pressure, prioritising to meet deadlines, juggling busy workload and multi-tasking
- Strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, managing own time and working alone where necessary as well as part of a team
- Forward thinking and creative
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Maintain confidentiality
- Provide good standard of personal presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- BSc in relevant field
Please apply to this job online using following link: http://englishbookgeorgia.com/blogebg/editor/