Study On The Youth Policy Implementation By The Self-Government Authorities In Georgia
Tel: (+995 32) 2250728
Apt.7, Nino Ramishvili str. #1. blind alley , 0179 Tbilisi
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) South Caucasus Office and the the Parliamentary Committee on Sports and Youth Affairs are taking the initiative to carry out a empirical study in order to have analytical insights on management and implementation of the youth policy by the local self-governments in Imereti Region and Tbilisi. The study will determine challenges the policy implementation faces in the aforementioned municipalities and provides a recommendations.
- FES South Caucasus Office invites researchers and research institutions to tender for being the counterpart in this enterprise.
Youth is potentially a factor for change, which requires encouragement and support, especially from their societies, but also from international and other European partners and actors. The self-governments in Georgia have the overall authority to plan, manage and implement youth policy on local level. Correspondingly, the survey aims to identify wheatear youth policy is inclusive and participatory and how the youth policy is implemented in the municipalities.
- To analyze the institutional and policy framework of the local authorities (formal vision/strategy, adopted and implemented youth policy action plans or activities; , What are this Youth Programs Based on? Whether the action plan and the other);
- To analyze the legal framework emphasizing on the competences, aims and objectives of the units (executive and legislative authorities) responsible for youth;
- To review the aims and objectives of current youth programs (if exist), budget allocations, as well as to identify the target groups of the programs
- Does the elaborated programs meet the real needs of local youth?
- How the young people were engaged in planning of the programs? What are the mechanisms for youth participation in the decision making process?
- To analyzing the availability of human capacities dealing with the youth issues (the amount of employees, their functions, analysis of the compliance of functions with the aims of objectives of the self-government in the youth field);
- o If there are no youth focal points employed in the self-government, how the youth issues are mainstreamed?
- To analyze the existing practices of cooperation and coordination mechanisms between central and local government in the youth field;
- To analyze the existing practices of cooperation and coordination between self-government and civil society organizations.
It is supposed to stimulate a public debate and to provide an in-depth insight into the situation of young people’s needs and policy implementation.
- The survey should be conducted in 12 municipalities of the Imereti region and the capital city – Tbilisi.
- The survey should contain a qualitative part.
- Young people of the age of 14-29 should be a target group
- - Structure and Design of the study have to be in compliance with FES and the Parliamentary Committee on Sports and Youth Affairs requests.
The counterpart should:
- Review youth policy in the proposed regions based on the project objectives mentioned above;
- Elaborate the questionnaire;
- Develop the research design for the study
- Conduct and adequate number of focus groups as qualitative part of the study.
- Conduct an adequate number of in-depth interviews with local-decision makers and youngsters in order to get deeper insights into specific aspects
as well as for illustrative purposes
- elaborate the publishable in-depth analysis for the publication in Georgian and English based on the survey data and according to the requirements of
- Provide the recommendations and evaluate the youth policy from the public policy perspective;
All tasks should be done in close cooperation with and compliance with requirements of FES South Caucasus (at all levels of management and implementation procedures)
- Study/Publication in both languages: English and Georgian;
- Adapted focus group Questionnaires in both languages: English
- Applicant is expected to have a sound experience in qualitative research;
- Applicant should have a good knowledge of democratization, civil society , youth, public policy;
- Applicant should have the capacity to evaluate policy implementation and give recommendations;
- Application should contain:
- research proposal - maximum 6 pages, including detailed overview of costs;
- reference letter;
- background of the institution/(if organizations
applies), maximum 1 page;
- CV of a project responsible person;
- Deadline for Application: 31.07.19
- Award of Contract: July, 2019
- Formulation of Questionnaire: August, 2019
- Data collection: August-September 2019
- Data findings and Drafting of study October - Mid of November 2019
- Applications must be submitted in English language, electronically: email@example.com (Please indicate following Subject: Youth Research in the regions)
- Deadline for Application is 31.07.19
- For further questions please contact Salome Alania Salome@fesgeo.ge