Ogilvy- Company Overview
Ogilvy produces "big picture advertising for big picture clients". Whether it's a blockbuster TV ad, a witty radio commercial, a cutting-edge mobile app, award-winning print work or rich banners, or an integrated mix of two or more channels, we can create it. We believe passionately in exploring and innovating; in collaborating and sharing knowledge; in upholding respect and inclusion; in clarity and candour and in holding ourselves accountable for everything we do. Ogilvy seek to bring out the inner greatness in brands, companies and people.
Ogilvy build and seek to transform our clients’ brands and businesses through the most diverse, highest-quality mix of multi-discipline marketing and creative communications services. Ogilvy has helped to build some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Dove, American Express, KFC, LEGO and Philips. Ogilvy combines big creative thoughts with the most advanced marketing technologies available, to deliver the best marketing ROIs in the industry. Our strategic brand transformation approach has sustained or revived brands in many categories.
Job Purpose – Summary
A Copywriter is responsible for taking their client's advertising brief and generating original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience. They are involved in creating a campaign that has an instant, positive impact on the consumer in order to promote the product or brand being advertised. This may include creating straplines, slogans, body copy, jingles and scripts that accompany advertising visuals. Copywriters will work in close partnership with designer and illustrator and have input to the visual elements as well. A Copywriter at Ogilvy will produce big picture advertising for big picture clients.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities / Knowledge Areas:
- To remain up-to-date with new ideas, techniques and styles (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- To actively seek inspiration from the external environment to influence creativity.
- Understand and appreciate the nature and value their clients brand.
- Proficient in discussing the client's core message and target audience.
- Ability to generate lots of fresh, original ideas from a brief.
- Working in account teams.
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the designer or illustrator.
- Presenting ideas to creative director and clients.
- Familiarising themselves with their clients’ products and services, the target audience and their competitors’ activities.
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy.
- Updating digital media with snappy, timely content.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Amending, revising or redeveloping adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team or clients.
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- To think creatively and devise imaginative and intelligent advertisements based on client briefs.
- To push boundaries of original thinking to explore new creative solutions.
- To communicate creative ideas effectively to a wide audience of varying levels of creative knowledge.
- To translate the strategic creative concept into different creative executions to be presented to the client.
- To execute creative ideas to the highest standard involving and communicating with the necessary creative team.
- To modify initial ideas into workable concepts until the client is satisfied.
- To align the copy with art direction and vice versa
- To deliver work to brief on time, to the highest quality.
- To oversee the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies.
Professional, technical skills and previous experience required
- To have a degree in Marketing/advertising, design or related subjects.
- To have an established portfolio of recent copy work.
- Essential to have previously knowledge of the industry and an understanding of the creative process in advertisement.
- To have won Creative Awards.
- Actively seeks out new ideas, techniques and styles generally (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- Is influential and can inspire the Creative Department.
- Seeks out to understand why loyal customers buy certain products.
- Acts in the best interest of the brand and Ogilvy at all times.
- Researching competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies
- Is highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services.
- Can communicate ideas or moods through advertising.
- Has excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages.
- Technical excellence in creating original concepts.
- Has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy. Has a strong eye for detail.
- Has an understanding of the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Strong listening and interpretation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Can work within strict budgets.
- Is able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback.
- Works well within a pair and also cross departments.
- Is highly self-motivated and well organised.
Ogilvy Habits represent the behaviours that are at the core of our business and how we want to be. Every employee is expected to bring them to life in their everyday work.
- Courage: Shows bravery in making decisions, and stands by values and beliefs.
- Idealism: Strives for achievements; dares to raise our sights and blaze new trails.
- Curiosity: Has a desire to know more, and is open to all possibilities.
- Playfulness: Has fun and knows when not to take him or herself too seriously.
- Candour: Encourages openness and honesty with colleagues and with clients.
- Intuition: Trusting and listening to our unconscious or “inner guru”, to find unique solutions.
- Free-spiritedness: Permission to practice magic, encourage and promote flexibility.
- Persistence: Shows determination to achieve the right results
Please send your email with CV and Portfolio to email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ogilvy does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status.