CENN Vacancy Announcement –Agriculture and Rural Development Specialist
Vacancy Reference #: ARDS/CENN/GEO/181129
Post(s) Title: Agriculture and Rural Development Specialist
Deadline for Applications: 18:00, December 21, 2018
Duty station: Tbilisi, Georgia
Duration: 14.01.2019-14.01.2020 (with continuation option)
Full staff: 8 hours a day
Working hours: 9:00-18:00, 5 days a week
CENN, a non-governmental, non-profit organization, is looking for an Agriculture and Rural Development Specialist. The Agriculture and Rural Development Specialist will work in collaboration with the entire CENN team and will report to the CENN Executive Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the direction of sustainable and climate smart agriculture and rural development;
- Execution/assistance in all project related issues (planning, implementation, field trips, communication, administration, reporting, monitoring, evaluation);
- Planning and organization of seminars, trainings, workshops and roundtables (selection of materials, preparation of key issues for discussions and presentations, reporting);
- Development of the knowledge materials regarding agriculture and rural development, and delivering training;
- Generation of ideas and development of new project proposals;
- Project related information management and translation;
- Contribution to the formulation of project proposals, policy documents and other papers edited by the CENN office;
- Research and information gathering, including desk based work and field trips, on issues related to agriculture and rural development;
- Communication with the competent authorities, communities, the general public, Mass Media and international institutions;
- Representing CENN at relevant meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Education: Post-secondary studies in agriculture, environmental sciences or related fields (i.e. climate smart agriculture, rural development, sustainable development).
- Experience: Minimum 2-year working experience in related fields (i.e. agriculture, rural and regional development, climate change, natural resources management, environmental protection, sustainable development, community work, etc.).
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian.
- Abilities and Skills: Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills. Solid skills in research, reporting, interpretation and translation. Proven typing ability and knowledge of modern office equipment and procedures. Proven ability of operating computers. Knowledge of current political and economic situation throughout Georgia. Ability to develop partnership with a wide range of organizations and local governments.
- Personal characteristics – active, open-minded, patience, diplomacy, ability to listen to others` opinions, and respect toward colleagues, management skills, friendly, flexible, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
Interested and qualified candidates please send a resume (CV) with indication of 2 references and cover letter, proving your abilities and describing your interest in this position no later than 18:00, December 21, 2018 to the following e-mail: email@example.com
All applications must include the Vacancy Reference # of the position for which you are applying.
No phone calls please.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.