JOB TITLE: Lock Out/Tag Out LOTO Technician
REPORTING TO: Commissioning Mechanical Senior Technician
LOCATION: Kazakhstan Tengiz
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility to the Site Controller (OIM) for the safe control of work activities; this includes issue of work control certificates Delete
- Carrying out all electrical equipment isolations and verifications.
- Carrying out all electrical equipment de-isolations and verifications
- Liaising closely with the Performing Authorities when planning work to ensure that all of the appropriate hazards and controls have been identified for the task
- Ensure that all work requiring a permit has a joint work site visit in support of building the risk assessment. This usually takes place at least 48 hours prior to issue
- Ensure the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task and that this has used the hierarchy of control measures. Consultation of the Task risk Classification Table (TRCT)
- Application of system isolations in line with core discipline competencies and the client / facility isolation procedures. All isolations to be conducted in full compliance with the client / facility LO/TO procedures.
- Ensure that all of the pre-requisite control measures have been put in place prior to allowing a Work Control certificate to go live.
- Conducting an interview with the Performing Authority prior to work starting, to ensure that they fully understand the scope of the task and the control set out in the risk assessment
- Ensure that the Performing Authority carries out a pre-job tool box talk at the work site with the other members of the work party before any work commences Delete
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of Safety and Control of Work related procedures
- Ensuring that actions are raised in response to isolation and work control certificates audit findings
- Assessing and recording all instances of Time out for Safety and reporting of unsafe work and where appropriate reporting these to the site controller
- Maintaining the long term isolation register
- Supporting tool box talks and coaching of work parties to improve safety during work execution
- Ensure that the level of work site monitoring required is defined as part of the risk assessment process
- Undertaking of worksite monitoring checks as defined as part of the risk assessment process
- Completion of permit and isolation audits within ISSOW
- Assisting the Control of Work (CoW) Competency Assurance Assessor in the PA competency process Delete
- Supporting site HSE leadership
- Essential Qualification:
- ONC in relevant discipline and / or recognised Instrumentation apprenticeship / trade background plus applicable trade qualification (City & Guilds / BTEC or equivalent).
- COMPEX (for E&I disciplines)
- Hazardous Area Training (or equivalent).
- Mandatory Training (Induction, Risk Assessment etc.)
- IT literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- HNC in relevant discipline.
- ISSOW Training
- HAZID / HAZOP Training
- Driven passion for behavioural site safety programmes
- Strong team working and communication skills both verbal and written
- Minimum 3 years’ experience involved with the implementation of a safe system of work (ISSOW, PFW System, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preparing and applying safe system isolations to ensure that systems are safe (de-energised) in compliance with LO/TO process, prior to commencement of work.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrable ‘team player’
- Good IT skills
Working location – Kazakhstan;
Working schedule – rotation on 6/2 or 4/4 (depends on work’s requirements);
Working hours – 11 hours per day (Monday to Saturday) and 5 hours on Sunday;
Work's payment will be on hourly basis according to rotation schedule;
Overtime is available if required and approved by the client;
Flights, accommodation and medical will be provided by the Company;
Language skills – English / Russian;
CV is needed in English only.
Please send your resume to the following email address: email@example.com