British Georgian Academy (BGA) is looking to recruit a self-motivated and energetic school leader who is confident to take on challenges and opportunities for the position of Vice Principal. The starting date of the position is flexible.
British Georgian Academy (BGA) is an international School founded in 2006. Our comprehensive bilingual programme is based on Cambridge International Programmes, Georgian National Curriculum and the International IB Diploma Programme.
The school wishes to be seen as a centre of professional development for our Georgian and international teaching staff. The school shares a campus with the British International School of Tbilisi (BIST) which caters for the international community and with whom BGA collaborates in a number of areas.
The Vice Principal is a Senior Leadership Team member and supports the Principal in leading on all academic and non-academic aspects of the School. The role's primary purpose is to set high professional standards in teaching and learning and curriculum development, and in collaboration with the Principal act as a focal point for staff, parents and students on whole school academic and pastoral issues.
The position includes:
- Academic - Support the Principal in planning, implementing, and evaluating school curricula specifically implementation and delivery of Cambridge, Georgian NC and IB curriculum;
- Human Resource Management and Professional Development - Support the Principal in selecting and recruiting qualified staff; evaluate the work of school teachers and the administrative team; implement the plans that make staff’s professional development sustainable;
- Students: Support the Principal in planning effective educational policies and accomplishing relevant tasks;
- Parents: Support the Principal in establishing positive and cooperative relationships with parents and in the sustainable development of the school community.
- At least three years of experience working in a leadership position (preferably in school);
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Ability to effectively manage the educational institution;
- Ability to create a safe and dynamic educational environment;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to adapt to innovations and challenges;
- Good knowledge of modern educational and school safety issues;
- Good organisational, problem-solving and time management skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Skills required to attract, monitor, develop and motivate qualified employees;
- Reflective skills and motivation to develop professionally;
- Candidates must have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Candidates must have knowledge and experience in Georgian Educational Systems and legislation.
Please submit by Wednesday 2 December 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Completed BGA application form (please download the form before completing it);
Supporting letter that details why you would like to work at BGA, your educational and leadership philosophy and why you feel you are an appropriate candidate for this post.
Telephone enquiries or visits will not be entertained. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview which will also include a practical assessment.
British Georgian Academy is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including checks with past employers, and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check. Our safeguarding and safer recruitment policies are shared with all prospective candidates.
Sending an autobiography (CV) by a person implies the transfer of personal data to the employer and consent to the processing of said data. The personal data specified in the autobiography will be processed/stored by the employer only for the purpose of selecting a candidate for a vacancy, determining the suitability of the candidate for the work to be performed and establishing a possible employment relationship, during the entire period of the employment relationship, as well as depending on the employment relationship. On the part of the employer, for the purposes mentioned above, processing of personal data will be carried out only by persons/employees with relevant authority. Candidate's personal data will be processed for a period of 6 months, stored for a reasonable period in electronic and/or printed form.