Bagelin is hiring! We need a Service Chef/Cook to join us on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
Established in 2020, we are an American-style bagel shop located in Tbilisi. We focus primarily on using the best locally available products, with a strong preference to go straight to farmers where possible. We regularly add new specials, carefully manage our menu to keep it simple and delicious, and focus on whatever is in season.
Our menu is small and simple, the kitchen is extremely organised and tidy, making it easy to work with us.
- You will work 40 hours split over 5 days per week.
- We make fresh, simple, delicious food from high quality ingredients - you will be responsible for ensuring adequate stock, you will make some basic ingredients, cleaning, preparing vegetables for service, and then preparing orders as they come to your station.
- You will be responsible for keeping your area of the service kitchen clean and organised.
- You have the opportunity to work with the owner and other staff to come up with menu ideas and ingredients, to test things out, try, and create. It does not always need to work, but we do always try to learn as we go, and we like doing things better, constantly.
- We are looking to invest in quality people - when there is capacity, we would love to keep teaching you more about areas you are interested in: if you want to learn more about becoming a chef, more about production, cocktails, coffee, management & business - whatever it is, we will create time and space to make sure you can continue to grow and learn. Investing in people is important to us.
- Everyone cleans. From the owners and managers, to our newest staff - cleaning is everyone's responsibility, without exception.
We are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience cooking in a commercial kitchen
- Strong understanding of food health & safety measures - we take hygiene and cleanliness seriously, and you should too
- Prompt and timely.
- Has knowledge of American and/or other cuisines and a desire to learn more
- Comfortable speaking & working in English would be good, but not mandatory
- Fluent spoken Georgian
- Works well in a team - we work 40 hours a week, we like it to be fun!
- We are not a vegan restaurant, but we do have vegan options and are trying to expand that: a background in vegan cooking, or a strong interest is a big plus for us!*
What we offer:
- 800-1100 GEL per month, depending on experience
- Generous annual holidays
- Unlimited sick leave
- On-job training opportunities
- Optional off-site training and experiences
- Organised environment akin to european standards
- Relaxed work environment - we work hard, but it doesn’t have to be stressful
- Amazing facilities - like, seriously amazing.
- And more!
Please send your CV to the following email address: email@example.com Or call us on the number: +995568104607
Please include details about yourself:
What are some of your favourite foods to eat?
What are some of your favourite foods to cook?
What do you most want to try?
What excites you in the kitchen? Pictures, words, whatever - show us what you like, and what you want to do!
Send us literally ANYTHING with your CV, and you will be a stand-out candidate. Seriously. CVs are informative, but also terrible - we want to know about the person too.
Bagelin is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.
*Important Note: We are partnered with an amazing deli that produces salami, fiocco, and more cured meat products, all made in-house. This does mean we have a dedicated animal butchery area in our building. We understand this can be uncomfortable for some, so for those who are uncomfortable around whole raw animals please consider this before applying.