Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
The F&B Supervisor is responsible for supervising the banquet/conference staff as well as creating a welcoming first impression and providing current information about the events and local area to guests. He/she is also responsible for greeting guests, assisting with questions, and providing recommendations to ensure we exceed guest expectations. The F&B Supervisor also supports and acts as a back-up for the F&B Manager.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or at least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Sound knowledge of meetings and catering set-ups and F&B or catering experience.
- Experience with scheduling is an asset.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with availability including days, evenings and weekends.
- Fluent English and Georgian Knowledge is essential. Good Russian is an asset
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Marjan Plaza Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Marjan Plaza Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Monitor day-to-day F&B operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Work side-by-side with and in the capacity of banquet / conference servers to fulfill the operational requirements of the day.
- Supervise staff in absence of the F&B Manager, in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests for F&B.
- Circulate through each banquet area to ensure guest satisfaction; sincerely seek guest comments and quickly and willingly handle any complaints.
- Check conference, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and equipment.
- Assist in developing and managing adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor & maintain inventory, purchasing supplies, and ensuring compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Assist with employee training and accident investigations; assist in coordinating Service Standards training, SOP based training classes within the department.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
What we expect from you:
- Big smile on your face
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us:
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Salary: is announced during the interview
How to apply?
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Food and Beverage Supervisor”