Job Description | Bookshop Consultant
Under the direction, policies and guidelines of the CEO, Head of Finance and Executive Vice President, Operations and Business Development, this position is responsible for planning and managing all day-to-day operations of the bookstore: purchase, stock, and sell
merchandise, Fiction/Non-Fiction and textbooks. Supervise all bookstore staﬀ and provide customer service to students, teachers, staﬀ, parents, random customers and other
Responsible to: Head of Retail and Bookshop Manager. Also works closely with diﬀerent departments.
Liaising with: Relevant staﬀ within marketing department, CPD team, Exams Team, Sales Team, Human Resources and Accounting. Working closely with Publishers: Macmillan Education, Pearson Education, Oxford university press, Cambridge university press and
Cengage Learning. On top of that, administrating and coordinating of the physical presence of English Book Education, answering of the enquiries connected with any kinds of books, teacher training, exams, etc.
The Bookshop Consultant is the public voice and face of the bookshop. The post holder is responsible for ensuring the smooth transaction of sales and stock maintenance, and providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors and staﬀ.
The Bookshop Consultant in co-operation with all other English Book Education staﬀ will provide a friendly and approachable service to all users of English Book Education activities (public, artists, contractors, consultants, promoters, staﬀ, sponsors, funders etc).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake the accurate processing of sales of bookshop merchandise through the correct use of the 1C system
- To accurately undertake the check of daily ﬂoats and reconciliation of the daily takings
- To ensure the security of stock, keys and cash, maintaining continual visual surveillance at all at all times, reporting any event of or intention to theft/vandalism/malicious damage or violence to the Line Manager immediately
- To undertake administrative duties for the efficient running of the Bookshop, including, maintaining accurate documentation relating to customer orders, accounts, stock orders, stock returns, 1C databases and assist with stocktaking.
To provide excellent customer service, supplying visitors with information and advice in relation to the bookshop’s services, answering enquiries in person, by phone or in writing in line with English Book Education customer services
- To undertake customer service activities including assisting customers with the selection and location of books or other merchandise
- To receive requests for special orders and contact customers regarding arrival or delay; convey information regarding special orders to buyers
- To assist in the preparation of author/artist receptions and other promotions as directed
- To maintain the tidiness and order of all stock ensuring that strict alphabetical order is adhered to in order that stock is easily accessible at all times. In conjunction with the bookshop management team to create attractive and appropriate stock displays.
- To be responsible for opening and closing the bookshop as required and agreed in advance with the line manager.
To undertake staﬀ development training as agreed with the internal Business School
- Ensuring the smooth running of daily bookshop transactions
- Providing a pleasant environment and courteous point of contact
- To fully support aims and objectives of English Book Education
- To attend meetings as appropriate. Arrive early on every meeting.
- To undertake any other duties set by Bookshop Manager or Head of Retail
- English Book Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the social commitment internally and externally. You as a member of Retail department is obliged to share and teach your staﬀ and related people knowledge you have.
- Deep understanding of English or other language Books: Coursebooks, Graded Readers, Fiction, Readers, ELT materials, ELT online resources, Art books, Music Books and diﬀerent genres;
- Good understanding of using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook;
- 1C Program and other related programs
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum zero to one year of sales, consultant or any related job experience;
- BA Diploma minimum in any subject related to Educational Sector, including diploma in Foreign Languages
Please send your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org