Commercial Marketing Consultant for Consolidating Logistics for Assistive Technology Supply and Provision (CLASP) in Georgia and Armenia
Momentum Wheels for Humanity is seeking candidates for a Commercial Marketing Consultant to research, design and implement a targeted marketing strategy in Georgia and Armenia for its range of wheelchairs and other assistive products. The Commercial Marketing Consultant will capitalize on their extensive commercial marketing experience in the medical devices market or in social marketing to generate demand for appropriate wheelchairs and other assistive products. Only candidates with work authorization in Georgia will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
The Commercial Marketing Consultant will lead marketing efforts in Georgia and Armenia as part of the USAID-funded Consolidating Logistics for Assistive Technology Supply and Provision (CLASP) project. The goal of CLASP is to improve the availability of and access to appropriate wheelchairs and other assistive products in less-resourced settings. CLASP is a global distribution system that was established to enable suppliers, service provider organizations, and buyers to purchase and deliver mobility devices that best suit users’ individual needs faster and more efficiently. CLASP is now positioned as a valuable mechanism within the global assistive technology landscape and is the only consolidator of mobility assistive products that also promotes appropriate provision in low-and middle-income countries. Over the next two years, CLASP will launch and pilot test several new strategies to drive sales, gain market share, and influence consumer demand for quality, affordable assistive products. The Georgia/Armenia Commercial Marketing Consultant t will play a key role in CLASP efforts to assess the impact of targeted demand generation combined with or in comparison to other approaches for sustainably penetrating new markets and attracting new market segments.
About Momentum Wheels for Humanity:
Founded in 1996, Momentum Wheels for Humanity increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. Momentum makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. For more information, visit momentum4humanity.org and clasphub.org.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a consultancy supporting an anticipated two-year project. The position will report to the CLASP Senior Programs Coordinator
Develop and implement a targeted, context-specific marketing strategy with quarterly targets
- Conduct research on the wheelchair market in Georgia and Armenia to identify trends, commercial opportunities, and target market segments
- Analyze competitor offerings in Georgia and Armenia, including specifications, market share, pricing, and promotional materials
- Develop and implement a context-specific commercial marketing strategy that is appropriately segmented to address different markets in Georgia and Armenia and that includes marketing metrics and targets
- Advise on marketing budget needs to achieve sales goals
- Lead on collateral and marketing material development in Georgia and Armenia, revise/translate existing materials or develop new materials appropriately targeted to identified market segments
- Identify and cultivate relationships with influencers in Georgia and Armenia that can help to promote CLASP products and increase visibility about the importance of appropriate wheelchairs and wheelchair services
- Track sales and feedback and adjust marketing strategy as needed
Coordinate with the global CLASP team to optimize marketing efforts
- Provide input on branding, positioning, communications, and other marketing strategies and tactics
- Coordinate with the global CLASP team by providing marketing intel that can inform and segment global digital marketing efforts; identifying other platforms for digital marketing efforts; and leveraging CLASP social media channels, e-blasts, and GoogleAd campaigns to support marketing in Georgia and Armenia
- Track all marketing activity and relevant market information in Georgia and Armenia to contribute to global CLASP reporting and analysis of strategies
- Report monthly to the global CLASP team against marketing goals and metrics established in the marketing strategy using provided report template
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- At least 4 years of commercial marketing experience in Georgia (experience in Armenia a plus)
- Experience with social marketing for public health and/or marketing to health professionals strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable about wheelchair products or demonstrated capacity to rapidly learn new technical information
- Proven ability to meet and exceed marketing targets
- Analytical skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 05 December 2021. Please include “Application for Georgia/Armenia Commercial Marketing Consultant: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Momentum Wheels for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Momentum encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.