" Head of underwriting and BO department ".
We are a FinTech company, backed by institutional investors. Our aim is to revolutionize the online unsecured credit market. The company was established 5 years ago and has been growing at unprecedented rates ever since. Situated in London, we provide a dynamic and challenging work environment to those who reach for the stars.
The ideal candidate will be open to new challenges and opportunities, be self-motivated seeks long term employment, possess very high analytical and technical skills. The individual that is right for the roll needs to be a very quick learner, be able to grasp and evaluate new concepts and ideas quickly and efficiently and implement them to live environment in an accurate and professional manner.
Primary Objectives of the Manager
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Carrying out and attaining the mission and the goals of the business unit managed.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing self-development and personal growth as an employee.
Primary Responsibilities of a Manager
- Plan staffing levels.
- Recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
Manager Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in banking/online lending, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Access.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
Education and Experience Required of the Manager
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or a departmentally related field.
- A minimum of three years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
- Specialized training in managing human resources, preferred.
- Fluency in English
If you qualify, please send your English CV to: Pikria.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line "Head of underwriting and BO department".