The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is pleased to announce a job offer for the position of Receptionist in GIZ Office Tbilisi.
Title of position:
Deadline for application: 23.06.2021
The receptionist is responsible for
- liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area
- dealing with phone calls related to GIZ
- ensuring incoming and outgoing calls are efficient and uninterrupted
- performing reception and secretariat services on a daily basis
The receptionist performs the following tasks:
Phone- and Reception Services
- answers, receives, returns and/or forwards telephone calls and messages
- maintains a callback list of all incoming telephone calls that cannot be answered by the relevant employee(s).
- registers, documents and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (faxes, emails, domestic and international mailings, tender documentation) on a regular basis.
- ensures that visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
Procurement of tickets, coordination of trips and hotel bookings.
- acts as a contact person of the Country Office for hotels, taxi companies and travel agencies, whilst maintaining contacts with them and passing on suggestions and complaints received from travelers
- negotiates agreements with hotels regarding GIZ specific rates and guidelines
- communicates with GIZ projects and the travel agency and procures air tickets
- coordinates trips for GIZ Country Office through GIZ drivers and taxi companies
- verifies the invoices issued by the travel agency and contracted taxi companies and passes the receipts on to the accounting unit
- books hotels and organizes transfers for the guests of the GIZ Country Office
Office work and services, stock management, inventory list
- manages the stock of the Country Office for consumables (office supplies, cleaning supplies etc.)
- reports replenishment needs to the procurer
- receives consumables from buyers and records the receipt and issuing of supplies in stock
- keeps the inventory list of the Country Office
- ensures the compilation and/or regular updating of the directory of personnel with contact information (official telephone numbers, email etc.)
- sorts and distributes the incoming correspondence (email, fax, other official documents)
- translates the incoming invoices and other documents from Georgian to German and/or English
- is responsible for distributing/receiving documents/packages to/from the post office, governmental institutions, embassies, etc. and is accountable for the above-mentioned
- takes care of the magazine display
- prepares business cards, checks their compliance with the corporate design guidelines of the company and orders their printing
- administers the reservation of GIZ's own meeting rooms and informs the house services or IT/Logistics about the required catering / IT equipment / moderation cases etc. within the scope of regular meetings.
- Other / additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- At least 1 - 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of IT and communication technologies (respective software as well as telephone, fax, email, internet) as well as computer applications (e.g. MS-Office)
- Georgian language proficiency at a native level, very good written and oral knowledge of English and German languages
- Good management and organizational skills
- Politeness and helpfulness towards visitors
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
The interested persons should send application documents in English (motivation letter and CV incl. reference letters or reference persons) no later than 23.06.2021 to the following e-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject the vacancy you are applying for. Mails without correct subject will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.