Assistant Program Officer – Political Communication and Elections
The International Republican Institute’s representative office in Georgia is seeking an Assistant Program Officer to join its team in Tbilisi. The APO position will provide a range of programmatic support for IRI’s political party program and elections programs in Georgia, with particular focus on party strategic communications, polling and research, and electoral systems.
- Provide strategic support, assessment and planning on political party communication mechanisms, including social media management, digital and in-person engagement, message delivery systems and innovative citizen outreach mechanisms;
- Provide assistance to a diverse range of political parties in strategic development, research and analysis and party-building;
- Assist in developing questionnaires and drafting analyses on IRI’s national public opinion research and focus group programs. Conduct research on assigned topics;
- Stay updated on new and emerging practices in electoral systems, election law, electoral management bodies and observation practices. Attend multi-disciplinary events related to electoral support;
- Assist with Election Observation Missions, including updating country-specific briefing books and materials and assisting observer teams as needed;
- Attend programmatic meetings pertaining to specific programs in purview, as well as other cross-cutting programs, as needed;
- Maintain records of program results, including but not limited to stakeholder contact information, key issues discussed and decisions made. Assist with drafting reports on relevant IRI programs;
- Interpret/translate from English to Georgian and vice versa in official meetings and through written correspondence. Prepare correspondence and program outreach materials;
- When requested, travel to IRI activities. Reconcile all program and travel expenses on time, keeps thorough records of IRI expenditures;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistics for staff and trainer travel.
- BA/BS in Political Science/Political Communication/Statistics (MA/MS preferred)
- Minimum four years of experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Georgian the history of the political environment.
- Working knowledge of political communications, message development and public opinion methodologies.
- Fluent in Georgian and English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Knowledge of Russian language.
- Knowledge of Azeri or Armenian would be an asset.
Salary commensurate with experience and history.
All CVs and cover letters must be submitted in English.
Please, submit CV email@example.com and names of 2 references by May 10th.
+995 032 2 24 05 65.