Position: Global Database Administrator
Posted: 02 Jun 2020
Category: Information Technology
Global Database Administrator position will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical database systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate system applications. The primary responsibility includes support of database related to FINCA’s Enterprise Data Warehouse, as well as databases of other globally deployed business critical applications.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsible for administration of FINCA’s Enterprise Data Warehouse and number of mission-critical business applications, based on Microsoft SQL Server platform.
The major duties include:
- Perform capacity planning for SQL Server environments and provide optimized sizing recommendations.
- Install, configure and upgrade MS SQL Server as needed.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery strategy that meets Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Backup and restore databases as needed.
- Conduct monitoring of MS SQL Server health and performance.
- Establish and maintain collection of historical key performance metrics on SQL Server and OS level.
- Establish and maintain automatic notification about potential SQL Server issues.
- Proactively tune MS SQL Server performance and resolve reported performance issues. Performance tuning should be performed on hardware, OS, database instance and SQL query level depending on situation.
- Configure and maintain database maintenance plans, including integrity checks, statistics update, reorganizing/rebuilding indexes, etc.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users, roles, adequate level of privileges, etc.).
- Configure and monitor SQL Agent jobs, SQL Server logs and database mail settings.
- Troubleshoot different types of SQL Server issues as they occur.
- Deploy database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- Create and maintain DBA documentation, including documentation needed for audit purpose.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, preferably in data warehousing and BI environments, including installation and configuration, performance monitoring and tuning, backup and recovery, issue resolution, planning and implementation of high availability features.
- Proven experience in database issue resolutions with excellent ability to quickly and properly diagnose issue including identifying platform, data base systems, design, or application, code issues.
- Proven expertise with Microsoft Windows Server platform and operating system skills, including PowerShell scripting
- Proven knowledge of enterprise database and data management / architecture industry best practices
- Experience in administration of Oracle Database will be considered a plus.
- Proven success as a team player having extensive experience in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-culture, diverse environment
- Proven abilities of technical writing and documentation
- Proven ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems in a creative and analytic manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills of English. The ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, influence and persuade others, as well as promote understanding and consensus
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- Hard working self-starter with initiative, able to work independently and set priorities.
- Strong commitment with the social mission of FINCA
- Fluency in Georgian and English required. Russian is a plus.
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft office products: Word, Excel, Visio.
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity tools.
- Install, design and maintain database system software and implement database security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
- Provide continuums support for critical production systems.
- Enterprise Data Program Team
- Global Infrastructure Support Team
- Availability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
Please apply to this job online using following link: https://bit.ly/36Uw5kU